How to Get the Most out of Your CrossFit Membership
- Commit to Your Health and Fitness for the rest of your life - We age every day. Without a healthy body, the future is not bright. Poor lifestyle choices lead to diseases like arteriosclerosis and diabetes type II. Smoking, overeating, as well as a sedentary lifestyle, are directly related to cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, and loss of functional movement. Make a commitment now to take steps every day to improve your health and fitness.
- Commit to Training Times – Schedule CrossFit into your week, month, year. Take planned rest days. Recovery is just as important as the work.
- Show Up No Matter What – Make other appointments around the ones you already have (the training times you committed to). Come when you are sore or tired. We will guide you in ways to work around your soreness or fatigue. Work the “show-up” muscle!
- Care – Pay attention to your training. Come prepared to work both physically and mentally. Log your workouts. Keep a running list of your benchmarks. Learn and know your loads for basic movements.
- View Your CrossFit Ocean City Membership Like A Course – Make it a point to learn something new everyday. Visit the CrossFit Ocean City website and Facebook page. Check out the CrossFit mainsite. These sites post CrossFitters engaged in training, demo videos, and health and fitness information daily. Ask questions of the training staff.
- Participate in Events - The C2 Rowing Challenge, Barbell Club, the Whole LIfe Challenge, Goal Setting Sessions, Food for Fuel, Special MOGA and mobility classes are all just a few of the many special events offered to expose you to the greater world of health, fitness, and well being.
- Set Goals – Not realistic ones – big ones. Reach for the stars. We’ll help you get there (and then move the bar). There is no nirvana with CrossFit because there is always room for improvement.
Our next goal setting session is Sunday, January, 25, 3pm. Click here to register.